List of Publications 2010
(Publications with a * at the end are either published from IISER Pune or have IISER Pune affiliations mentioned in the paper)
1. S. S. Roy, T.S. Mahesh, Density matrix tomography of singlet states, J. Magn. Reson, 2010, 206, 127.*
2. S.S.Roy, T. S. Mahesh, Initialization of NMR Quantum Registers using Long-Lived
Singlet States, Phys. Rev. A, 2010, 82, 52302.*
3. A. M. Kalle, A. Mallika, J. Badiger, Alinakhi, P. Talukdar, Sachchidanand, Inhibition
of SIRT1 by a small molecule induces apoptosis in breast cancer cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications2010, 401, 13-19.*
4. R. Pallavi, N. Roy, R. K. Nageshan, P. Talukdar, S. R. Pavithra, R. Reddy, S.
Venketesh, R. K. Goel, A. K. Gupta, R. K. Singh, S. C. Yadav, U. Tatu* Heat shock protein 90 as a drug target against protozoan infections: Biochemical characterization of Hsp90 from Plasmodium falciparum, Trypanosoma evansi and evaluation of its inhibitor as a candidate drug. J. Biol. Chem. 2010 (in press).
5. R. Devanathan, A. Venkatnathan*, R. Rousseau, M. Dupuis, T. Frigato, W. Gu and
V. Helms, Atomistic simulation of water percolation and proton hopping in Nafion fuel cell membrane, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2010, 114, 13681.*
6. E Alleno, S. Singh, S. K. Dhar, G. André, Interplay between magnetism and
superconductivity in HoNi2B2C revisited, New J. Phys., 2010, 12, 43018.
7. R. Klingeler, N. Leps, I. Hellmann, A. Popa, U. Stockert, C. Hess, V. Kataev, H.-J.
Grafe, F. Hammerath, G. Lang, S. Wurmehl, G. Behr, L. Harnagea, S. Singh, and B. Büchner, Local antiferromagnetic correlations in the iron pnictide superconductors LaFeAsO1−xFx and Ca(Fe1−xCox)2As2 as seen via normal-state susceptibility, Phys. Rev. B, 2010, 81, 024506.*
8. K. Pramanik, L. Harnagea, S. Singh, S. Aswartham, G. Behr, S. Wurmehl, C.
Hess, R. Klingeler, and B. Büchner, Critical current and vortex dynamics in single crystals of Ca(Fe1−xCox)2As2, Phys. Rev. B, 2010, 82, 014503*
9. S. Aswartham, C. Nacke, G. Friemel, N. Leps, S. Wurmehl, N. Wizent, C. Hess, R.
Klingeler, G. Behr, B. Büchner and S. Singh, Single crystal growth and physical properties of superconducting ferro-pnictides Ba(Fe, Co)2As2 grown using self- flux and Bridgman techniques, Journal of Crystal Growth, 2010 (in press).*
10. Shah H. Khan, George Matei, S.Patil and Peter M. Hoffmann, Dynamic
Solidification of nanoconfined water film, Physical Review Lett., 2010,105, 106101- 106104.*
11. S. G. Srivatsan, A. A. Sawant, Pure Appl. Chem., 2010, 83, doi:10.1351/PAC-
12. S. Ananth, LC(2) formulation of supergravity, Journal of High Energy Physics(JHEP)2010, 1002:001.*
13. S. Ananth, Gravity and Yang-Mills theory, to appear in a special edition of the
International Journal of Modern PhysicsD, December 2010.*
14. A. Sengupta, P. Hazra, Solvation Dynamics of Coumarin 153 in SDS Dispersed
Single Walled Carbon Nanotubes, Chemical Physics Letter, 2010, (Article In Press).*
15. M.M. Watve, N. Dahanukar, M.G. Watve, Sociobiological control of plasmid copy
number in bacteria, PLoS One, 2010, 5, e9328.*
16. S. Pande, A. Pawashe, N. Sant, A. Mahabal, N. Dahanukar, Metropolitan
garbage dumps: possible winter migratory raptor monitoring stations in peninsular India, Journal of Threatened Taxa, 2010, 2, 1214-1218.*
17. M, Ayan, The discrete logarithm problem in the group of non-singular circulant
matrices,Groups Complexity Cryptology 2(2010), 83-89.
18. S. Y. Hong, G. L. Borchert, A. E. Maciag, R. S. Nandurdikar, J. E. Saavedra, L.
K. Keefer, J. M. Phang, H. Chakrapani, The Nitric Oxide Prodrug V-PROLI/NO Inhibits Cellular Uptake of Proline ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2010,1, 386–389.*
19. V. Kumar, S. Y. Hong, A. E. Maciag, J. E. Saavedra, D. Adamson, R.
Prud'homme, L. K. Keefer, H. Chakrapani, H., Stabilization of the Nitric Oxide (NO) Prodrugs and Anti-Cancer Leads, PABA/NO and Double JS-K through Incorporation into PEG-Protected Nanoparticles Molecular Pharmaceutics2010, 7, 291-298.*
20. R. S. Nandurdikar, A. E. Maciag, S. Y. Hong, H. Chakrapani, M. L. Citro, L. K.
Keefer, J. E. Saavedra, Glycosylated PROLI/NO Derivatives as Nitric Oxide Prodrugs Organic Letters, 2010, 12, 56–59.*
21. Suvankar Dutta, V Suneeta, Classical and Quantum Gravity, 2010 (in press).
22. P. Ghosh and R. Gebauer, Computational Approaches to Charge Transfer
Excitations in a ZnTPP-C70 complex, J. Chem. Phys., 2010, 132, 104102.
23. P. Borghetti, A. Goldoni, C. Castellarin-Cudia, L. Casalis, F. Herberg, L.
Floreano, A. Cossaro, A. Verdini, R. Gebauer, P. Ghosh, L. Sangaletti, Langmuir 2010 (accepted for publication).
24. A. Bhattacharyay, Volume exclusion and elasticity-driven directional transport: a
model inspired by bacterium motility, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 2010, 43, 315003*
25. A. Bhattacharyay, Exploring modulated amplitudes in the resistive regime of a
one-dimensional superconductor, Eur. Phys. J. B 2010, 77 109-113.*
26. A. Bandyopadhyay, N. Agrawal, S. M. Mali, S. J. Jadhav, H. N. Gopi, Tin(II)
Chloride Assisted Synthesis of N-protected γ- amino β-keto esters through Semipinacol Rearrangement, Org. Biomol. Chem, 2010, 8, 4855-4860.*
27. G. V. Pavan Kumar, Near field optical properties of silver nanocylinders arranged
in Pascals triangle, Applied Optics, 2010 (in press)*
28. G. V. Pavan Kumar, Gold nanoparticle-coated biomaterial as SERS micro-
probes; Bull. Mat. Sci. (rapid comm.) 2010 (in press)*
29. G. V. Pavan Kumar, Book chapter: "Raman Scattering" in A textbook of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, MacGraw Hill, 2010, in press*
30. Fishler T, Li YY, Wang R H, Kim HS, Sengupta K, Vassilopoulos A, Lahusen T,
Xu X, Lee M H, Liu Q, Elledge S J, Ried T, Deng CX. Genetic instability and mammary tumor formation in mice carrying mammary-specific disruption of Chk1 and p53. Oncogene. 2010, 29, 4007-17.
31. M.A. Upadhya, M. Dandekar, D.M. Kokare, P.S. Singru, N. K Subhedar,
Evidence for the participation of cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript peptide (CART) in the fluoxetine-induced anti-hyperalgesia in neuropathic rats. Peptides2010, (Accepted for publication).*
32. K.T. Nakhate, D. M. Kokare, P.S. Singru, N.K. Subhedar. Central regulation of
feeding behavior during social isolation of rat: evidence for the role of endogenous CART system. International Journal of Obesity,2010 (In Press)*
33. A.P. Bharne, M.A. Upadhya, D.M. Kokare, N.K. Subhedar, N.K. Effect of alpha-
melanocyte stimulating hormone on locomotor recovery following spinal cord injury in mice: Role of serotonergic system. Neuropeptides(2010) doi:10.1016/j.npep.2010.10.001*
34. K.T. Nakhate, D. M. Kokare, P.S. Singru, A.G. Taksande, S.D. Kotwal, N.K.
Subhedar. Effect of chemically-induced mammary carcinogenesis on the hypothalamic cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript peptide in rats. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior 97 (2010) 340–349.*
35. V. Barsagade, M. Mazumdar, P. S. Singru, L. Thim, J. T. Clausen, N. K. Subhedar,
Reproductive phase-related variations in cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART) in the olfactory system, forebrain and pituitary of the female catfish, Clarias batrachus (Linn.). Journal of Comparative Neurology(2010) 518:2503-2524.*
36. D. M. Kokare, M. Dandekar, P.S. Singru, G. Gupta, N.K. Subhedar. Involvement
of α-MSH in the social isolation induced anxiety- and depression-like behaviors in rat. Neuropharmacology(2010) 58:1009-1018.*
37. Gitali Devi and K.N.Ganesh, 1,4-linked 1,2,3-Triazole des-peptidic analogues of
PNA (TzNA): Synthesis of TzNA oligomers by “click” reaction on solid phase and stabilization of derived triplexes with DNA, Art DNA, PNA:XNA,2010 (in press).*
38. Nagendra K. Sharma and Krishna N. Ganesh, Base dependent pyrrolidine ring
pucker in aep-PNA monomers: NMR and PSEUROT analysis. Tetrahedron2010 (in press).*
39. Nagendra K. Sharmaand Krishna N. Ganesh, Enhanced stability of G-
Tetraplexes from Conformationally Constrained aep-PNA backbone, Organic Biomolecular Chemistry, 2010 (in press).*
40. V.B.Raman and K.N.Ganesh, 8-Substituted Adeninyl Peptide Nucleic Acid
(PNA): In-situ, On-resin Synthesis of 8-Br/NH2 Adeninyl PNA oligomers and their Complementation Studies with DNA, Tetrahedron Lett,2010 (in press).*
41. A. K. Bhattacharya, T. Kaur, K. N. Ganesh, Synthesis,2010, 1141-1144.* 42. Mahesh V. Sonarand Krishna N. Ganesh, Switching structures by H-bond
rearrangement: Transformation of β-structure in poly-4S-Aminoproline to PPII conformation, Org. Lett, 2010 (in press)*
43. Roopa Mitra and Krishna Ganesh, PNAs grafted with (α/γ, R/S)-aminomethylene
pendants: Regio- and stereospecific effects on DNA binding and improved cell uptake, Chemical Communications, 2010 (in press).*
44. Amit N. Patwa, Rajesh G. Gonnade, Vaijayanti A. Kumar, Mohan M. Bhadbhade,
Krishna N. Ganesh, Ferrocene – bis(thymine/uracil) conjugates: Base pairing directed, spacer dependent self assembly and supramolecular packing, J. Org. Chem, 2010(in press).*
45. R. R. Lucchese, R. Montuoro, K. Kotsis, M. Tashiro, M. Ehara, John D. Bozek,
Aloke Das, A. Landry, J. D. Rathbone, E. D. Poliakoff, “The effect of vibrational motion on the dynamics of shape resonant photoionization of BF3 leading to the E 2A /
1 state of BF3 ”, Mol. Phys., 2010,108, 1055-1067.*
46. Jayani R S, Praveena L R and Galande S. Studying Histone modifications and
their genomic functions by employing chromatin immunoprecipitation and immunoblotting. Methods in Cell Biology, 2010, 98, 35-56.
47. Reddy C N L, Vyjayanti V N, Notani D, Galande S* and Kotamraju S*. Down-
regulation of the global regulator SATB1 by statins in COLO205 colon cancer cells. Molecular Medicine Reports2010, (In Press).
48. Vempati RK*, Jayani RS*, Notani D, Sengupta A, Galande S and Haldar D. p300
mediated acetylation of histone H3 lysine 56 functions in DNA damage response in mammals. J Biol Chem. 2010; 285, 28553-28564.
49. Ahlfors H, Limaye A, Elo LL, Tuomela S, Burute M, Gottimukkala, K, Notani D,
Rasool O, Galande S* and Lahesmaa R*. SATB1 dictates expression of multiple genes including IL-5 involved in human T helper cell differentiation. Blood2010, 116,1443-1453.
50. Usha, N. and Shashidhara, L.S. Interaction between Ataxin-2 Binding Protein 1
and Cubitus-interruptus during wing development in Drosophila. Developmental Biology, 2010, 341, 389-99.*
51. Gurudatta, B.V., Shashidhara, L.S. and Parnaik., V.K. Lamin C and chromatin
organization in Drosophila. J. Genetics,2010, 89, 37-49.*
52. Berger, C., Ramakrishnan, K., Myneni, S., Renner, S., Shashidhara, L.S. and
Technau, G.M. Cell cycle independent role of Cyclin E during neural cell fate specification in Drosophila is mediated by its regulation of Prospero function. Developmental Biology, 2010, 337, 415–424.*
53. Ramakrishnan, K., Berger, C., Myneni, S., Technau, G.M. and Shashidhara, L.S.
Abdominal-A mediated repression of Cyclin E expression during cell-fate specification in the Drosophila central nervous system, Mechanism of Development 2010, 127, 137-145.*
54. Maity, S. and Maitra, S. Minimum distance between bent and 1-resilient
Boolean functions. Ars Combinatoria, 2010, 97, 351-375.
55. Maity, S., Arackaparambil, Chrisil., and Meyase, Kezhasono. 2009. A new
construction of resilient Boolean functions with high nonlinearity, Ars Combinatoria 2010 (in press).
56. K P Harikrishnan, R. Mishra, G. Ambika, R E Amritkar, Parametric
characterisation of a chaotic attractor using two scale Cantor measure, Physica D, 2010, 239, 420-427.*
57. V Resmi, G Ambika; R E Amritkar, Synchronized states in chaotic systems
coupled indirectly through a dynamic environment, Phys Rev E, 2010, 81, 046216.*
58. K P Harikrishnan, R Mishra, G Ambika, Nonlinear time series analysis of the light
curves from the black hole system GRS 1915+105 Research in Astronomy & Astrophysics, 2010 (in press).*
59. Athale C. A. Modelling the Spatial Pattern Forming Modules in Mitotic Spindle
Assembly, in “Understanding the Dynamics of Biological Systems: Lessons from Integrative Systems Biology, (Springer, Eds. W. Dubitzky, J. Southgate and H. Fuss) 2011.
60. Janies, D. A., Treseder, T., Alexandrov, B., Habib, F., Chen, J. J., Ferreira, R.,
Çatalyürek, Ü., Varón, A. and Wheeler, W. C. , The Supramap project: linking pathogen genomes with geography to fight emergent infectious diseases. Cladistics,2010, no. doi: 10.1111/j.1096-0031.2010.00314.x
61. Mahima, G.; Jayakannan, M. Supramolecular Liquid Crystalline p-Conjugates:
The Role of Aromatic p-stacking and van der Waals Forces on the Molecular Self-assembly of Oligo-Phenylenevinylenes, J. Phys. Chem. B. 2010, 114, 12508-12519 (Appear as cover page).*
62. Shekhar, S.; Jayakannan, M.; Probing the Molecular Interactions at Conducting
Polyaniline Nanomaterial Surface via a Pyrene Fluorophore, J. Phys. Chem. C. 2010, 114, 15491-15498.*
63. Jinish Antony, M.; Jayakannan, M. Molecular Template Approach for Evolution of
Conducting Polymer Nanostructures: Tracing the Role of Morphology on Conductivity and Solid State Ordering. J. Phys. Chem. B. 2010, 114, 1314- 1324.*
64. Anilkumar, P.; Jayakannan, M. A Novel Supramolecular Organogel Nanotubular
Template Approach for Conducting Nanomaterials. J. Phys. Chem. B. 2010, 114, 728- 736.*
65. N. Balasubramanian*, J.A. Meier, D.W. Scott, A. Norambuena, M.A. White, M.A.
Schwartz. RalA-exocyst complex regulates integrin-dependent membrane raft exocytosis and growth signaling. Curr Biol. 2010, 12;20(1):75-9.
Pharmaceutical Product Manufacturing in Indonesia Copyright & Disclaimer This product has been supplied by PT. Dataindo Inti Swakarsa ('DIS-IBISWorld') solely for use by its authorised licensees strictly in accordance with their license agreements with DIS-IBISWorld. DIS-IBISWorld makes no representation to any other person with regard to the completeness or accuracy of the data or in