Jordan – German Experts Workshop on Water & Waste
Day 1: Sunday 10, September 2006 Time Activity 9:00–10:00 Reception Session 1, Water Resources. Chair, Prof. Dr. N. Abu-Jaber
1. Dr. Mohammed Al Farajat (Alumnus), Al-Amoush, H., and Abou-Salah, R, Al-al-Bayt University. Hydro-geophysical Exploration for Groundwater Potentials in Titin Basin South Jordan. 2005.
2. Dr. Steinkampf, William, C., Mamoon Ismail, and Dr. Suhil Sharadqh, Washington State University. Ground-Water Depletion in the Shobak Region.
3. Dr. Nabil Saifuldin, Yarmouk University, (Alumnus). Characteristics of water of the springs in Al-Wahadi dam area.
4. Dipl.-ing. Saad Abu Zubeid (Alumnus), Water Authority, Irbid - Jordan (Alumnus). Water supply in N-Jordan.
5. Dr. Sharadqah, S. Washington State University, Groundwater vulnerability to contamination in Jordan evaluated in two levels of analysis using DRASTIC methodology.
Session 2, Contamination & Purification of Drinking water Chair, Dr. Nabil Saifuldin
Amman. Water pollution and Drinking water monitoring by Ministry of Health.
7. Dr. Ahmed Maslat, Yarmouk University, (Alumnus). In Vivo and in Vitro Study of the Effect of Antiasthmatic drug, Singulair on DNA and on the Activity of Free Radical Scavenging Enzymes,
8. Dipl.-ing. Mersa, A., and Dipl.-ing. Hanbali, T. Greater Amman Municipality. Desalinated drinking water in private plans.
9. Prof. Dr. Joachim Fettig. Fachhochschule Lippe and Hoexter. Drinking Water Treatment: Lessons from German Experiences.
10. Dr. Moshrik, R. Hamdi, Hashemite University. Potential of Groundwater contamination by Al-Samra Wastewater Effluent: Modeling Approach.
Social gathering (trip to Jadara and dinner)
Day 2: Monday 11 September, 2006 Time Activity
Suleiman, W., Dalahmeh, S., and Assayed,
M. Royal Scientific Society. Gray water Characteristics in the Rural Communities in NE Badia of Jordan.
9:20-9:40 12. Dipl.-Ing Bert Schumacher, local Government-
Detmold. Legal Frame Conditions for the Disposal of Municipal and Industrial wastewater in Germany.
13. Wilfried Offermann, Municipality of Lage. Wastewater treatment in Germany – Typical construction of municipal wastewater treatment plants using the WWTP in the city of Lage as example.
10:00-10:20 14. Prof. Ute Austermann-Haun. Fachhochschule Lippe
and Hoexter. Industrial Wastewater-Potentials for Cost-Reduction through Internal Measures.
10:20-10:40 15. Dr. Jamal Radaideh (Alumnus), Al-Balqa Applied
University Husun-Jordan (Alumnus). Influence of digestion methods on sludge dewatering by sand drying beds.
10:40-11:00 Discussion 11:00-11:20 Break Session
16. Prof. Dr. Matthias Barjenbruch. University (TU) of Berlin. Wastewater treatment in lagoons.
17. Prof. Dr. Sameh Gharaibeh(Alumnus) and Muna Alsghireen, Yarmouk University. Low cost treatment of textile wastewater.
18. Dr. Abdellah Rababah. German Jordanian University.
On-site wastewater management; Jordan experience.
19. Dr. Muhanned Hararah, Environmental Engineering department, Al-Hussein Bin Talal University (Alumnus). Setting of fine particles in dense polydispers suspensions.
Session 5, Water Reuse. Chair, Prof. Dr. Austermann-Haun.
20. Dipl.-Ing. Florian Schmidtlein, University of Bochum Water Reuse – Potential and Imperative.
21. Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Jordening. University (TU) of Braunschweig. Water reuse and wastewater treatment in the German sugar industry.
22. Dipl.ing. Saleh Malkawi. Ministry of Water & Irrigation. Current Reclaimed Water Uses in Jordan.
23. Kholoud Mashal & Yahya Ali. Hashemite University. Public acceptance for using treated wastewater in Jordan.
Social gathering (trip to Jerash and dinner)
Day 3: Tuesday 12 September, 2006 Time Activity
Session 6, Solid Waste. Chair, Dr. Steinkampf.
24. Prof. Anwar Jiries, (Alumnus), Prof. Omar Rimawi (Alumnus), Dr. Jutta Lintelman, and Dr. Mufeed Batarseh(Alumnus). Mutah University. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in top soil, leachate and groundwater from Ruseifa solid waste landfill, Jordan.
25. Dr. Hani Abu Qdais. Jordan University of Science and Technology and Dipl.-ing. Nawaf Jamal. Community Services Council of Irbid Governorate. Framework of strategic plan to enhance the environmental performance of Al Akeeder Landfil.
26. Dr. Anf Ziadat. Jordan Environment Society. Assessing solid waste recycling opportunities for closed campuses.
University. Co-composting of olive mill solid waste and chicken manure.
28. Dr. Mohammad Khalili, Ministry of Health Irbid- Jordan. Endeavor toward zero waste.
10:40-11:10 Discussion 11:10-11:40 Break Session
29. Dr. Gert Morscheck. University of Rostok. Use of bio waste and sewage sludge in Germany and Europe. Benefit and risk discussion.
30. Dipl.-ing. Alshraideh, A. Royal Scientific Society. Solid Waste Biodegradation Enhancement and Waste Stabilization in Landfills.
Dipl.-ing. Obeidat, I. Greater Irbid Municipality.
Efforts of Greater Irbid Municipality towards
32. Dr. Kuthah, Mohanad. Jordanian Environment Society. Solid Waste
Social gathering (trip to Ajlun and dinner)
Day 4: Wednesday 13 September 2006, Field trips. 9:30-10:30
Extracts from the records of the Privy Council of Scotland Sederunt- Chancellor ; Mar; Uchiltrie; Elphingstoun; Fyvie; Neubottle; Spynie; Treasurer; Halirudhous; Tracquir; Conservator; Elimosinar. Inasmuch as, "upoun occasioun of the rebellioun and dissobedyence professit and avowit within the bounds of Angus be a nowmer of undeutifull and disloyall subjectis," who seem to be "
✓ =Newy drugs formular www.ibx.com In an effort to continue our commitment to provide you with comprehensive prescription drug coverage, a formulary feature is included in your prescription drug benefit. A formulary is a list of selected FDA-approved prescription medications reviewed by the FutureScripts® Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee. These prescription medications have been sele